About Our Client
TPS World Talent has been retained by a leading marketing organization in Dubai to find a Business Head for its proposed Electrical Business vertical.
The organization’s experienced and aggressive management and sales team has consistently maintained its edge as a leading UAE & GCC supplier to the Prestige buildings, Oil &Gas sectors, infrastructure, water & electricity, ports & civil engineering sectors. It has successfully implemented an extensive range of major supply contracts to various government departments and private clients in the UAE and Middle East markets over the past 35+ years.
Through traditional know-how and cutting edge technology, the organization offers its customers a wide range of well-proven and high quality products. Its team of specialist engineers, supported by internationally renowned suppliers provides professional turnkey solutions and an enviable level of after-sales service in today’s rapidly changing marketplace. More, gaining a competitive advantage in this increasingly difficult marketplace depends on a company’s capacity to offer added value services. This sets the company apart from its competitors and provides the opportunity to create long term relationships with its customers, principals and employees alike.
The organization promotes itself as a premium professional company offering an unparalleled variety and quality of products and services throughout the Middle East and North Africa. While the company has traditionally been in the Mechanical products, it is now setting up a new vertical for Electrical products.
About the Role
The business head will take the overall P&L ownership of this vertical. He will bring in the principals and also lead the sales together with the sales team. We are thus looking for professionals who are very well connected with makers of high quality electrical products from Europe, USA and Asia.
As the Business Unit Head you will identify the products that would meet high standards of quality, specifications and approval process of the discerning customers, projects and consultants in the Middle East. You will be leading a team of sales engineers and working along with them to achieve an aggressive sales target that reflects the huge market demand.
The Company’s work culture is such where every individual sells. So as a BU head, besides leading the team, you will also be responsible to meet your individual targets.
Principal Responsibilities / Accountabilities
As Head Electrical Business you will be responsible for the overall P&L of the vertical which involves:
- Identify the Electrical product lines that can be sold in Power generation, (including conventional and alternate energy sources) Power transmission, Power distribution, Prestige buildings, Pumping stations, Water treatment plants, Oil & Gas, Marine & offshore.
- Identify project opportunities, promote and generate enquiries, orders for the identified products in the above sectors.
- Bring in relationships with consultants, clients, contractors & principals relationships for representation, promotion.
- Bring in new suppliers/manufacturers and build a team in order to generate sustainable revenue for the company.
- Identify suppliers/manufacturers for the selected product lines and build sustainable relationships.
- Lead the team in preparing technical offers, pricing structure aligned with company’s SOP’s.
- Responsible for directing the business unit as per the agreed plan in a commercially prudent manner.
- Responsible for achieving individual sales target and inspire the team to understand the market situation and set targets for sales and gross profits.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (B.E) from a reputed institute.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (optional)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working and having achieved both personal and group sales targets to the Projects, Consultants and Contractor segments.
- Good relationships and access to top brands from within and outside the region in order to secure their mandate to market their products.
- Candidates with existing relationships will be preferred.
- Good knowledge of the Middle East Market and major clients, their buying behavior and processes.
- A minimum of 5 years Middle East experience is a must for this position
Skills / Competencies:
- Strategic & business visioning
- Leadership and team management skills
- Budgeting, forecasting and pipelining skills
- Planning and decision making skills
- Effective interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Arabic(optional) languages.
- Demonstrable experience of working in the Middle East region.
A series of screening steps are involved in the selection process. After the online applications on TPS site are screened, the first list of top candidates will be interviewed by the management of TPS and the client. This will be followed by a test of business and sales aptitude. The successful candidate will go through a final round of face to face meeting before a final decision is made.
The position offers an excellent compensation package in conformity with the qualifications, experience and expertise.